Teacher Earnings and Payments on Truvie

Earnings Basics:

The Jewish Education Project (TJEP) hosts the Truvie platform. 

Truvie teachers determine their earnings by setting all enrollment fees for their classes, along with a maximum class size. TJEP takes a service fee each time a learner enrolls. TJEP takes 30% of the family’s payment, and Teachers receive 70%. To that end, all class fees must be paid through the Truvie platform.

Discounts and Coupons:

When Truvie offers parents a coupon code or discount, the coupon or discount will be applied to TJEP’s share of the revenue.

Payout logistics

We send payouts to Teachers via ACH. For each section, you are paid 70% of the class price multiplied by the number of enrolled learners [0.7 x (price x number of learners)].

In order to receive Truvie payments, you’ll need to provide TJEP with your ACH payment information via your Teacher application form and complete a course evaluation for each course you teach. Teachers will be paid within 30 calendar days from the date of Teacher’s last class, provided you supply the ACH payment information and complete the course evaluation. You’ll also need to provide TJEP with a completed IRS W-9 Form, or W-8BEN Form for international teachers with a name that matches the name on your Truvie teacher application form.

Sending money back to TJEP  

Sometimes there are cases where you will need to issue a refund to a parent after you have already been paid out for that section and no longer have the ability to perform any refund actions from your end. When this happens, we will need you to send back your 70% of the refund to info@truvie.org via check or credit card.

We want to ensure that parents receive their refunds in a timely manner, so failure to send your payment right away could result in restriction and removal from the Truvie site. If we don’t receive your payment after two weeks, it will result in a warning. After four weeks without payment, it will result in a suspension in which we will unlist your classes and we will not approve any new ones.  

Tax Reporting for Teachers

For tax reporting purposes only, Truvie Teachers are classified as independent contractors. Regardless of where you are located, it is your responsibility to report your earnings from Truvie appropriately based on your local and national laws.

For teachers in the United States

Teachers will receive an IRS Form 1099 if teachers earn $600 or more annually.

For teachers in Canada

Please contact our Support Team info@truvie.org for assistance with tax reporting.

For teachers in Israel

Please contact our Support Team info@truvie.org for assistance with tax reporting.